Terms and Conditions (including Refund Policy)
Any purchase of tickets for the events organised by Indic Pacific Legal Research LLP, is non-refundable.
In case the event is cancelled, a refund will be initiated and processed in accordance with the policies of the payment gateway.
The ticket provides the access to attend the event. Once the purchase is verified, an email will be sent providing the joining link for the live event.
If you have any questions, contact us on or reach us at email@example.com.
Fri, Dec 22|
Developing an Indo-Pacific Vision for Global AI Governance
Time & Location
Dec 22, 2023, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM GMT+5:30
About the event
Artificial intelligence (AI) is transforming the world, and its impact is likely to be even more profound in the Indo-Pacific region. AI has the potential to boost economic growth, improve healthcare and education, and create new jobs. However, it also poses challenges, such as the potential for job displacement, the misuse of AI for surveillance and control, and the development of autonomous weapons systems. The Indo-Pacific region is at the forefront of AI development and deployment. China, the United States, and India are all investing heavily in AI, and the region is home to some of the world's leading AI companies. This gives the Indo-Pacific a unique opportunity to develop a vision for global AI governance that is both responsible and ethical. This webinar will bring together experts from academia, government, and the private sector to delve into the state of AI Development and deployment in the Indo-Pacific region, and the challenges and opportunities thereof. It will further seek to identify principles of responsible and ethical AI Governance and explore specific policy proposals for promoting it in the Indo-Pacific region. In this context, the Indo-Pacific Circle in association with the Indic Pacific Legal Research and the Indian Society of Artificial Intelligence and Law will organise a webinar on Developing an Indo-Pacific Vision for Global AI Governance.
About the Speakers
Indic Pacific Legal Research
- Abhivardhan is the Chairperson & Managing Trustee of the Indian Society of Artificial Intelligence and Law & the Managing Partner of Indic Pacific Legal Research. Abhivardhan possesses research competence and experience of international technology law, global governance, corporate innovation and cultural intelligence. His speaking and research interests lie in Indo-Pacific, disruptive technology ethics & policies, artificial intelligence governance, Indo-European culture & music, global governance, sustainable development, digital connectivity and public international law.
Shirsha Ray Chaudhuri
- Shirsha heads the ML Engineering team in Bangalore for Thomson Reuters Labs, as part of which she is leading development and deployment of well-architected, solutions in AWS and other cloud platforms for ML projects that drive efficiency and value for various content workflows in Thomson Reuters products, platforms and business systems. She is interested in successful operationalising and sustenance of ML solutions into live workloads. She works with communities on AI for good, societal impact projects and in the tech for D&I space.She loves to network with people who are using AI and modern tech for building a better world that is more inclusive, more digital and together a better tomorrow.
Ms. Pavithra Manivannan
- Pavithra Manivannan is a Senior Researcher at XKDR Forum, Mumbai. Her research interests lie in the fields of contract enforcement, judicial systems, and government contracting for health and infrastructure. Before joining XKDR Forum, Pavithra was an associate at J. Sagar Associates, where her practice focused on general commercial laws and foreign exchange regulations. She has advised and assisted firms across an array of sectors in growth/ expansion stage funding.
Mr Bogdan Grigorescu
- Mr Bogdan Grigorescu is a technologist with extensive experience across industries and engaged in large scale implementation of communications platforms. He has a specialisation in electronics and telecommunication engineering and is currently affiliated with eBay as Sr Technical Lead, Architecture. Mr Grigorescu has widely participated in global conferences on AI, Automation, data privacy and security.
Mr. Giannis Rousopoulos
- Mr. Giannis Rousopoulos is Policy Advisor at Hellenic Parliament, Founder and Director the leading crypto-portal in Greece cryptonomist.gr, Scientific Associate at Hellenic Financial Literacy Institute, Mentor at Athens Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation. He is postgraduate student in MSc in Blockchain and Digital Currency, Certified Data Analyst from National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. He is interested in the transformative potential of AI and blockchain technology and its role in reshaping governance, enhancing transparency, and fostering citizen participation.